Monday, July 23, 2012

Fireflies

This past weekend, I attended a music festival called Firefly in Dover, DE. Can I just say that it was mind-blowing. Let's just take a look at who I saw this past weekend:

-The Killers
-Death Cab for Cutie
-Jack White
-The Black Keys
-Bassnectar
-Modest Mouse
-The Flaming Lips
-Young the Giant
-Ok Go
-The Wallflowers
-Awolnation
-Grouplove
-The Cults
-Ra Ra Riot
-Walk the Moon
-Blind Pilot

The ones that I've bolded were my favorites. Awolnation was fantastic. At first, I thought that they were going to be a more techno-type band, but it was pure rock and the singing was phenomenal. I couldn't have asked for a better show from them. And the crowd surfing was insane! You would not believe the amount of people that wanted to be lifted up and touched by random people. What surprised me the most was the amount of guys that did it. I thought crowd surfing was more of a girl thing?

Bassnectar is a show I do not get tired of. I saw them at Governor's Island last summer, and the show was insane. Watching him womp onstage made me get so much more into the music. I could feel the bass pulsing through me as the songs went on. I can never tire of him. Next stop: Skrillex. If I can see that show, my life will be complete.

What can I say about The Flaming Lips? When Wayne Coyne came into the audience in a huge ball like Bubble Boy, I was beyond ecstatic. There were cannons that shot confetti into the audience and giant balloons that were thrown. Of course, Young the Giant put on a great show, too. So many bands that I came to learn about this weekend.

Now, let me please tell you all about WALK THE MOON because I am in love with them. The lead singer, Nicholas Petricca, is the cutest thing you will ever see. He is so full of life on the stage that it makes you automatically love them. The best way I can describe them is a modern eighties band, and it is FANTASTIC. For now, they are tied as my favorite band with Jet, because I love them so much. Check them out! Their music just makes me so happy. 


Firefly was an amazing event. The place where they held the festival was sick. There was a hammock hangout, art, a forest with neon trees, and good food (I have discovered churros and I see the light). If they keep a good lineup, I will definitely be in attendance next year to the awesomeness that is Firefly.


And definitely do camping. It's way better than a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment