Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Day

Oh, the joys of Wednesdays.

Except not really. Because today was awful.

I suppose that not every day can be a good day. I mean, it started awfully due to sleet. I really thought the cold weather was done and over with. Clearly, it wasn't.

Actually, I am pretty sure that was the only reason my day was bad. I caught the flu, yes, but it's not so bad. Got to get sick a couple times and I'll be better in no time! So, today was just a downer day.

I wonder if anyone else ever feels like they are just...having one of those days. The types of days where you can't focus on anything and you feel as though you aren't really where you are. It's a weird feeling. Kind of like an inbetween in life. Maybe that's partially because I'm here at college. I feel somewhat displaced from my friends at home, yet there is no one here that I am yet close enough with to feel completely at home.

This mindset is strange to me. This isn't the first time I've felt like this. Last time I did, I was in a serious depression. This was eighth and ninth grade.

Speaking of depression, I'm going to start writing a book soon. I really want to help teens who are battling depression and feel like they have no where to turn. Depression in teens and children is the least-studied field because when children are going through puberty, experts and researchers assume that is the reason why teens act like they are in a "depressed state." I just want to clear this up.

Sometimes, it's a little more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment